Gravity Powered Car Design Project
You will build a car to explore forces and motion: momentum, inertia, mass, friction, simple machines, technical drawing, and the technological design framework.
2nd competition-inertia/friction-furthest from base of ramp
3rd competition-momentum-pushes a foam block the furthest from base of ramp
- No more than 30cm length x 15cm width
- may not use pre-made car kit parts for the frame/body
- may use generic (non-car) building toy sets like LEGO, k'Nex, Magnetix, Erector, etc.
- may decorate with anything you like
- may use toy wheels, bottle caps, or any other round objects for wheels (dollar/bargain/thrift stores & garage sales are great sources for stuff)
- gravity powered only: may not have any drive/propulsion motors/balloons/rubber bands/springs, etc.