Data About Us
| Homework Help || ||Multiple-Choice Skills Practice|
|Active Math Online ||Did You Know?|| |
Statistics & Mean, Median, Mode
- AAAMath Statistics, Mean, Median, Mode
- BBC Bitesize- Averages
- Class Averages ... find out why class averages are sometimes not very descriptive, by examining means and medians.
- Probability and Dice Rolling ... an interactive experiment to try, with a quiz.
Box Model – Randomly selects and displays draws from a box. Box Plot – Use this tool to summarize data using a box plot graph. Coin Tossing – Explore probability concepts by simulating repeated coin tosses. Hamlet Happens – Verify that rare events happen by drawing letters from a box.
- BBC Bitesize Graphing
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Bar Chart – Create a bar chart showing quantities or percentages by labeling columns and clicking on values. Histogram – Use this tool to summarize data using a histogram graph. Scatterplot – Plot multiple data points in two dimensions and determine correlation. Spinners – Work with spinners to learn about numbers and probabilities.
- Bar Graphs and Histograms ... what's the difference?
- Scatterplots and Lines of Best Fit ... learn how they work.
- Box & Whisker Plots ... how to make them, and what they mean.
- Shodor Interactives
- Worsley School Precision
- AAAMath Measurement
- BBC Bitesize Measurement
- Factmonster Measurement
- Johnnie's Math Page
- National. Library of Virtual Manipulatives
Data About Us
Understand and use the process of data investigation by posing questions, collecting and analyzing data distributions, and making interpretations to answer questions;
Represent data distributions using line plots, bar graphs, stem-and-leaf plots, and coordinate graphs;
Compute the mean, median, or mode and the range of the data;
Distinguish between categorical data and numerical data and identify which graphs and statistics may be used to represent each kind of data;
Make informed decisions about which graph or graphs and which of the measures of center (mean, median, or mode) and range may be used to describe a data distribution; and
Develop strategies for comparing data distributions.